List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: html editor
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-04-28 14:36:24

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 09:39:44AM +0400, Alexei Dets wrote:

Hi Alexei,

> I just want to say that I'm going to porting webmaker for KDE2 soon.

ahh, this is really good news.

> Really, I didn't think before that it is already working so good and is
> stable enough even to use it as a main desktop. I'm learning about KDE2
> now, reading docs etc. It seems to me that there are many, many new
> interesting technologies in KDE2. Classes documentation is good, but it
> can't help with understanding of new general principles of KDE2, this
> DCOP, embedding, kded, ksyscoca, directory layout, style guide and many
> others. Can anybody point me at such general documentation, I want to
> better understand the KDE2 work before starting porting because I think
> it will be better not to have exact copy of KDE1 WebMaker, but make use
> of new perspective technologies where possible.

you already got the kde2arch page, another important page is
kdelibs/KDE2PORTING.html, which lists most things in kdelibs that have
changed from kde1 to kde2.
Also developer.kde.org contains some nice tutorials etc.

Best wishes,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/