List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Q: html editor
From:       Alexei Dets <dets () services ! ru>
Date:       2000-04-27 5:39:44

Hi!
I just want to say that I'm going to porting webmaker for KDE2 soon.
Last week I've downloaded the KDE2 CVS, compiled and was _very_ pleased.
It is great!
Really, I didn't think before that it is already working so good and is
stable enough even to use it as a main desktop. I'm learning about KDE2
now, reading docs etc. It seems to me that there are many, many new
interesting technologies in KDE2. Classes documentation is good, but it
can't help with understanding of new general principles of KDE2, this
DCOP, embedding, kded, ksyscoca, directory layout, style guide and many
others. Can anybody point me at such general documentation, I want to
better understand the KDE2 work before starting porting because I think
it will be better not to have exact copy of KDE1 WebMaker, but make use
of new perspective technologies where possible.

	WBW, Alexei Dets