List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: App-starting notification. Request for comments.
From:       Peter Astrand <altic () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2000-04-25 20:45:13

>> I only know about one really reliable method, namely the LD_PRELOAD
>> approach from SCWM. This is implemented in "Xalf".
>
>Right. I've looked at Xalf and decided that approach is much better.

Great!

>I'm working on implementing it for KDE instead of the current

Ok. I agree, it's better to integrate it with the desktop env, eg. KDE
and Gnome. Nevertheless, a standalone tool can be useful sometimes.

Since I'm a Gnomer, I will work a bit on a Gnome implementation.

>semi-reliable version.

I appreciate bug-reports, so don't hesitate.

>Just hang on a week or so, while I scrape
>a few things off the top of my TODO list :)

No hurry :)

/Peter Astrand <altic@lysator.liu.se>