List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ADV: Domain Names go to the Dogs!
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-04-12 23:42:49

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000, Martin Konold wrote:

| Putting this message into the spamcop database simply caused an
| automatic complaint mail to a lot of postmasters at the University
| of Tuebingen. This idiotic spamcop thing does not try to detect the
| original source and claims that the University of Tuebingen is
| originating the SPAM.

no it didn't, because i removed them from the complaint list.
instead, the complaints went only to the abuse@ the originators of
the thing, and their upstream. there's no point at all in doing it
otherwise. the reason to run it through spamcop is to do an autocheck
on open relays in the route and, frankly, because it's no fun parsing
the frigging things manually. but i can guarantee you that my spamcop
file did not send one byte to anyone at the u. of t., because anyobe
with the brains of a potted plant could see that they had nothing to
do with it.

--
dep
__