List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ADV: Domain Names go to the Dogs!
From:       Martin Konold <konold () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2000-04-12 23:16:12

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, dep wrote:

> fyi, i dropped the spam into spamcop (http://www.spamcop.org), which
> has proved effective in making life unpleasant for spammers. the fact
> that the originator tried -- but not hard enough -- to disguise his
> actual location is sufficient cause to open the hurt locker on him.

ARRGGLL....

Putting this message into the spamcop database simply caused an automatic
complaint mail to a lot of postmasters at the University of Tuebingen.
This idiotic spamcop thing does not try to detect the original source and
claims that the University of Tuebingen is originating the SPAM.

PLEASE never do report SPAM to any of these "spamcop" sites. Please report
it to coolo or me so that we can put the offender in our anti spam db.

In case I get further complaints form postmasters I will remove the person
who reported the SPAM to a "spamcop" site and if this does not help I
will shut down email services which are open for anyone for posting.

Limiting the posting permission to only subscribed members will be a
burden for most of you.

Remember: We opened up kde-devel@kde.org for your service not in order to
beeing hassled by self appointed "cops"

Yours,
-- martin

// Martin Konold, Stauffenbergstr. 107, 72074 Tuebingen, Germany  //
KDE:  The most advanced GUI for a reliable OS.