List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konsole ignores settings
From:       Thorsten Westheider <thorsten.westheider () teleos-web ! de>
Date:       2000-04-09 21:13:51

Lotzi Boloni wrote:

> > I'm just updating to today's cvs version. First thing I
> > noticed was that konsole doesn't restore it's configuration
> > settings (colors, fonts etc.).
>
>   Can you give us more information on this? It is working for me.

Well, it's very simple.

	o start konsole from kicker
	o choose

            Options->Schema->White on Black

	o choose

	    Options->save Options

	o type

	    konsole &

	  in that instance of konsole

	o the new konsole instance displays
	  black text on white background

Same applies for fonts etc.

I got even more bugs with this version. Thought I'd give
it a try and removed ~/.kde. Now I'm not able to set the
desktop wallpaper any longer.
Logout from the desktop root menu doesn't work any longer,
it appears some window is openend and closed (maybe kcrash
starting up?) but KDE is still running thereafter.

Another one: Beginning with this snapshot I can't type the
character '~' any longer in konsole - hitting 'Alt Gr' (which
is the meta key for '~') opens the 'About KDE' dialog (I
really dislike that).

	Regards,
	  Thorsten Westheider

--
Dipl.-Phys. Thorsten Westheider     / /  (_)__  __ ____  __
Im Schlingen 15                    / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /