List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libkonq
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-06 12:35:36

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 02:54:06PM +0200, Matthias Elter wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > Can you check something for me ?
> > It seems to me that the only thing that kfind needs is
> > kpropsdlg.* and konqfileitem.*
> >
> > If those were to move to ... say, kio, wouldn't that solve the
> > problem ?
>
> Uhm...kdesktop, konqueror, kicker, kfind all depend on libkonq! Why is
> it still in kdebase? It's not a build-a-filemanager library any more.

Did you read my post ?
libkonq _is_ a filemanager construction kit, but perhaps kpropsdlg
(the properties dialog) and konqfileitem (a convenient class for handling
kio's listing info) should be moved out of it, if that's all kicker and kfind
need (and I believe it is the case).

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org