List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Controlling KMail
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-04-04 8:15:36

On Tue, 04 Apr 2000, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2000 at 08:09:45AM +0200, Stefan Taferner wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > > mail p.guehring@poboxes.com <test.txt
> > >
> > > is something very essential.
> >
> > Yes, and it should work on every decent system  :-)
> > I don't think that GUI mail applications need to support this also.
>
> hmm, but how many hours do you have to spend configuring sendmail so that
> this mail will get a proper sender?

Well, rather easy. If you have a dialup connection: setting sendmail to
always queue outgoing mails, then add runq to ip-up (or wherever), done.

If you want to have local mails delivered always and only outbound mails
queued it's a bit trickier. I did this with a shell script. This is not
trivial I must admit :-)

Kind regards,
Stefan