List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: The BII style for KWin
From:       Michael Matz <matzmich () cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2000-03-27 23:37:54

Hi,

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Chris Lee wrote:
> Second, I don't know how much experience you've had with the BeOS but if
> that's where you're taking your cues from for the design (which I'm
> pretty sure it is, correct me if I'm wrong) then I think it would be
> awesome to have support for one of the cool features that I've kinda
> gotten used to with Be. I don't know if you've even noticed it but you
> can actually change the position of the title bar on a given window by
> holding down the Shift button and using the left mouse button to move
> the titlebar around. It's really just cosmetic, but I think I'd like to
> see it so if it's not around by release time I guess I'll have to
> implement it myself. : )

I also loved this feature. It's not only cosmetic, as you can use it to
view more title bars if many windows are stacked over another, and you can
actually see the title bars, and use them for switching these windows
fast. I often use this with many edit windows for editing sources. I place
them one over the other and move the title bars, so to see them all at the
same time. So I don's have to remeber were all the other files were, that
I was editing ;)

I even implemented it for the B2 theme in KDE in the beginning of the
year, and sent the sources to mosfet for inclusion. If people are
interested I can review them for the new B2 sources and post them here.

Ciao,
Michael.