List:       kde-devel
Subject:    The BII style for KWin
From:       Chris Lee <nytehorse () inficad ! com>
Date:       2000-03-27 5:31:42

Just wondering- the style is excellent, I love it, except for a couple
of small nagging things that I had wondered if you considered.

First off, I don't know where the support will be for configuring your
buttons on the window- the Maximize, Minimize, blah blah blah... I'd
personally like to be able to stick the close button on the left and the
maximize button on the right and make it a lot more like the true BeOS.

Second, I don't know how much experience you've had with the BeOS but if
that's where you're taking your cues from for the design (which I'm
pretty sure it is, correct me if I'm wrong) then I think it would be
awesome to have support for one of the cool features that I've kinda
gotten used to with Be. I don't know if you've even noticed it but you
can actually change the position of the title bar on a given window by
holding down the Shift button and using the left mouse button to move
the titlebar around. It's really just cosmetic, but I think I'd like to
see it so if it's not around by release time I guess I'll have to
implement it myself. : )

Last part: The title bar should, IMHO, not always follow Be's semantics-
they still have the but (feature?) that you can't read the whole title
of a window if the window isn't large enough to support the whole text-
try using Konqi and going to a web site with a long address to see what
I mean. I propose strapping a sort of size restriction of maybe 75% onto
the titlebar (so it retains that transient feel) and then having the
text scroll back and forth like KWM did/does.

That's about it. Any other thoughts, anyone?

-Chris