List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problem getting python binding working in KDE2
From:       <boud2 () rempt ! xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-03-26 20:59:42

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Johannes Sixt wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Konrad Wojas wrote:
> >There are no Python bindings for KDE2 and Qt2.x yet. :-(
> >
> >From the FAQ at http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/software :
> >
> >Is Qt v2.x supported?
> >Not yet - check the roadmap.
> >
> >Is KDE v2.x supported?
> >Not yet - check the roadmap.
> >
> >The last update was at January 21st.. :-(
>
> Phil works busily on it. He's already made available a pre-release (0.11pre4)
> which ought to work with KDE2 and Qt2. Haven't tried it yet, however. Join the
> mailing list (see link above for more info).

I can only second that - KDE's most usable scripting language (and it is
_extremely_ usable, seems to be a well-hidden secret. Part of the problem
is that an older, unmaintained set of bindings still floats around the
archives. If you want good, usable, solid bindings, that enable you to
write KDE apps in a third of the time a C++ program would take, go to

http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk/software

If you want to follow the cutting-edge development, join our mailing list: