List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Getting an annoying problem in Kmail for 1.1.2
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-03-23 10:45:23

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, David D.W. Downey wrote:
>OK, I'm getting an annoying problem in Kmail for KDE 1.1.2.
>
>I've got like 15 filters for my incoming email and I've got this one damn
>filtered list giving me trouble.  I have linux-admin coming in and a rul to
>kick anything for that list to the l-linux-admin folder. It sends it there
>fine, but this was like the 15th or 16th rule I have. All of a sudden I'm
>getting Unknown's in that mail box, basically an empty and null email.
>I delete it, it comes back. I leave it and a second one with show up but that's
>it. I know it's that one email cause if I delete it and then shutdown/reopen
>the kmail client it no longer reports there being 1 unread email in that dir
>and the null email is gone until I get incoming email bound for that
>l-linux-admin dir. Now the funny thing is, the damn time and date change and
>the subject will take on the subject of the email just below it, but the
>contents and the from/to are empty. I pico's the l-linux-admin file (which is
>all it really is, not a real directory) and ther is no null or blank email
>entry in there. All valid emails.
>
>Where the hell is this coming from and what can i do to stop it? is there
>something wrong with the filter code? did *I* screw up the filter somehow? I've
>deleted the file and the filter. I tried resetting it back up but I get the
>same dam thing. Get this, this is the ONLY list folder that does it too.
>
>Any ideas? If it's a code thing for the filters, what section of the kmail
>source do i look in?

I guess it is comming from index <-> folder conflict.

You could try to compact your folders ("File->compact all folders").  Even
better try to turn on Compact all folders on exit in File->settings, Misc tab.

That way kmail will phisically delete all deleted mails and regenerate index
from folders.

Or you could try to simplify your filters...

--
Sven Radej      radej@kde.org
KDE developer   Visit http://www.kde.org