List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror (HTML) Seg Fault
From:       Paul Dwerryhouse <paul () xenu ! ee ! mu ! oz ! au>
Date:       2000-03-18 12:10:49

Hi all,

I'm getting a segmentation fault with Konqueror whenever I try to look
at any web page. This was built from today's CVS (that is, around 0400 UTC).
I'm running it on Debian Linux (woody). This was working as of a week ago.

At at guess, it would be something to do with displaying HTML, because
it also crashes when opening up a HTML file straight off the local filesystem.

Anonymous ftp's from konqueror still work fine, so it's nothing to do with
network access.

Here's the error:

konqueror: KonqMainView::openURL : _url = 'http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/'
konqueror: trying openView for http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/ (servicetype )
konqueror: Creating new konqrun for http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/
kio (KIOJob): mimetype http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/
kio (Scheduler): Scheduler has now 1 jobs 0x8115370
kio (Scheduler): Scheduling job
konqueror: createSlave for http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/
konqueror: PID of slave = 15397
kio (Scheduler): scheduler: job started 0x8115370
kio (KIOConnection): pending queue 48
kio (KIOConnection): pending queue 70
konqueror: slave has connected to application
kio (KIOConnection): dequeue
kio (KIOConnection): sendnow 48
kio (KIOConnection): dequeue
kio (KIOConnection): sendnow 70
kio (KIOConnection): read
kio (KIOConnection): read cmd 103
kio (KIOConnection): finished reading cmd 103
konqueror: got answer 103
kio (KIOConnection): read
kio (KIOConnection): read cmd 21
kio (KIOConnection): finished reading cmd 21
kio (KIOJob): dispatch 21
kio (KIOJob): MimetypeJob::slotMimetype(text/html)
kio (KIOConnection): read
kio (KIOConnection): read cmd 104
kio (KIOConnection): finished reading cmd 104
kio (KIOJob): dispatch 104
kio (KIOJob): Finished [this = 0x8115a00]
kio (KIOJob): MimetypeJob::slotFinished()
kio (KIOConnection): sendnow 51
konqueror: FILTERING text/html
konqueror:  KonqMainView::openView text/html http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/
konqueror: (1) KonqMainView::openView : url = 'http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/'
konqueror: (2) KonqMainView::openView : url = 'http://www.ee.mu.oz.au/'
konqueror: trying to create view for "text/html"
konqueror: text/html.desktop
konqueror: X-KDE-AutoEmbed set to true
konqueror: Embedding
konqueror: KonqChildView::switchView
DOCTYPE kpartgui
konqueror: KonqFrame::attachInternal()
kparts: Part child view removed
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for 0L
kparts: deactivating GUI for child view
Segmentation fault

Cheers,

Paul.

--
"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page     | Paul Dwerryhouse
publishing, threatens to reverse the trend towards      | paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au