List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: FreeBSD: Konqueror fails to show WWW pages
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-18 10:41:22

Vallo Kallaste wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The Konqueror built from sources of yesterday dies while trying to show
> WWW pages. I'm using FreeBSD 5.0-current now, but the problem was same
> about two weeks ago with 4.0-current. I tried to discuss the problem in
> freebsd-current mailing list, but almost no feedback so far.

[sniped log]
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/kde/lib/libkhtml.so.3: Undefined symbol "__eh_rtime_match"
>
> myhakas:vallo$ nm /usr/local/kde/lib/libkhtml.so.3 | grep __eh_*
>         U __eh_alloc
>         U __eh_rtime_match
> myhakas:vallo$

Well, this is a known problem. But unless someone comes up with a solution,
it will stay one :( Unfortunatly you need a quite deep knowledge of freebsd
and it's linking specialities to fix it.
The problem lies in the way libtool links, but the exact problem is so far
unknown afaik.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.