List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OPL book for KDE 2.0
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2000-03-14 17:53:30

David Sweet wrote:
> We will soon be publishing a book on programming for KDE 2.0.  The
> book will be published under the Open Publication License which
> means that it will be open source.  Once it's ready I will gladly
> post a copy and/or link on the KDE Developer's Web Site so people
> can read and download it.
>
> Several people from this list have contributed to the book so far
> and have done some very nice work.  I'd like to thank Kurt Granroth,
> David Faure, Espen Sand,  Sirtaj Kang (Taj), David Majawaski, and
> Matthias Ettrich for the work they have done and are doing.
>
> There are still a few chapters left.  If you'd like to contribute
> (yes, your work will be compensated *and* be open source :), please
> contact me at: dsweet@kde.org

I'd like to add something to this:

First, this book will be put on the KDE web sites.  In effect, it will
be the start of our KDE 2.0 developer documention.

If you are at all interested in writing for the KDE project, I would
suggest you look into this.  The pay, frankly, isn't very good at all
and if you were doing it purely for money, it wouldn't be worth it.
BUT, if you were going to write for KDE anyway, you might as well get
paid *something*, right? :-)
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix