List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: visibility?
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-03-09 5:51:08

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Hummel, Timo wrote:

> >Looks like it's have to be said again: the problem is not WHAT to do while
> >the program is loading, the problem is that there is no way to know if the
> >program is loading!
>
> Then the program itself needs to indicate that the program is loading.
> This should be no problem, and maybe this could be realized by changing
> the KApplication class. As I metioned in a post earlier, the same
> mechanism could be used to create a hook which is called when the
> application crashes (SIGSEGFAULT or such).

During a large period of time where the program is loading, the program is
not running, so it can't do anything.

That includes the most critical moment, right after you click on the icon.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul