List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kmail,mail formats--some assistance needed
From:       mh <moloch () nikocity ! de>
Date:       2000-03-07 20:07:20

Hi,
I'm currently working on an app that needs to read mails from an
Kmail mail folder. I've downloaded some RFCs from sunsite.auc.dk.
My problem is that I got lost somehow in the hundreds of files there.
I found the RFCs that describe the mail format, but I couldn't
find anything about the storage of mails. Is the way Kmail stores
mails (mbox ?) a defined standard? Especially, are there any naming
conventions for the files in which mails are stored or for the (hidden)
.index files? (I think about reading mails stored by other email
clients).
Could someone please explain that or point me to the right document?
Thanks a lot,
Michael