List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: visibility?
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-03-07 14:28:58

> On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
>
> | In Windows - you have the hour-glass or pointer&hourglass. What will
> | be with KDE2?? I think its very important (think about slow
> PC's when
> | the user clicks on Koffice, the user doesn't see anything happends
> | and keeps clicking)...
>
> true. i've noticed this especially *during* the use of koffice. start
> kword and the window pops up for selecting existing/new doc, kind of
> doc, etc. then it *poof!* disappears, and for a few seconds
poof ? :) Different languages, same onomatopoeias ;-)

> one wonders if kword has segfaulted.
> a status bar graph that says "loading kword,"
> or a little pop-up, ala the "preparing to shutdown" window in
> kde-1.x, would reduce the grey hairs considerably.

Or simply the window showing up as soon as 'OK' is pressed.
I guess we just have to do what was done in konqueror, i.e.
provide a dummy widget to KTMainWindow and show the window
even before loading the document.

I was also thinking of a progress bar, but then it could be in the
window's status bar, so that it can also be used for saving (much like
konqueror's statusbar when it was working...)

--
David Faure
faure@kde.org - KDE developer