List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: visibility?
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-03-07 14:20:16

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

| In Windows - you have the hour-glass or pointer&hourglass. What will
| be with KDE2?? I think its very important (think about slow PC's when
| the user clicks on Koffice, the user doesn't see anything happends
| and keeps clicking)...

true. i've noticed this especially *during* the use of koffice. start
kword and the window pops up for selecting existing/new doc, kind of
doc, etc. then it *poof!* disappears, and for a few seconds one wonders
if kword has segfaulted. a status bar graph that says "loading kword,"
or a little pop-up, ala the "preparing to shutdown" window in kde-1.x,
would reduce the grey hairs considerably.

btw -- in praise of kmail: movement of mail run status to the status
bar is a really elegant solution, and i'm very glad to see it. good job!
--
dep