List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: a nifty konqueror idea
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-02-19 0:44:08

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Richard Moore wrote:

> Roberto Alsina wrote:
>
> > It looks like what I asked was too confusing. Let me show you how you edit
> > a web page in Zope, and you will realize why I want to embed kwrite :-)
> >
> > Look at http://ultra7.unl.edu.ar/misc/zope.gif
>
> I now understand.
>
> The only problem I see would be that the HTML may make the box far
> too small for KWrite to be usable. How about have a context menu item
> 'Edit in KWrite...' that pops up a new window. The text could be
> tranfered either via a temp file or by DCOP.

I'm thrilled by the implications of this discussion!! :-)

Why would count anymore what HTML wants? :-)

Let's say HTML textedits can be one of a collection of parts: simple text
(QMultiLine etc.), html-aware (kwrite), fully html/DTML aware (a modified
webmaker etc.). When the HTML textedit gets focus, a semitransparent
handle appears in one of the corners of the text zone and by a click and
menu select, the chosen type of part "zooms" from the dimension required
by the html form to the full size of the panel including the part. A
"save" like toolbutton in the part would revert the zoom.

Hm? Dreaming.

Cristian