List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Display technologies in KDE
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <schoenberger () signsoft ! com>
Date:       2000-02-07 19:52:01

> This is wrong design; they should be encapsulated in the same class and at
> runtime be configured with a boolean flag. Yes, I know it's harder to do
> in the first place.
Hmm, I not fully understand you. All I want is a "simple" API for graphics
operations (KAAPainter), which work on several backends (KAAPaintDevice as
pure virtual class,
the rest as implementations for a given context - printer, bitmap,
metafile).
All of these backends are configured differently and separated from another,
so what use
is an encapsulation in one class)

Please note that I not against your idea, I just can't get itDirk