List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Display technologies in KDE
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-02-02 13:11:58

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Michael Koch wrote:

> Am Wed, 02 Feb 2000 schrieb Roberto Alsina:

> > >   I think that you are right.
> > >   But going back to my original question, do you know of something
> > > similar
> > > for KDE ? If there isn't anything like it in KDE, what are the
> > > perspectives
> > > of adding one ?
> >
> > Similar to what? To the GNOME canvas, yes, QCanvas is similar.
> > To display postscript or quartz? Probably not.
>
> For viewing Postscript we have the KGhostView-Part.

There are differences between just viewing postscript and having something
like display postscript. Just imagine a GUI that draws everything at
kghostview speeds and you'll get the idea.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul