List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: No more root window? SUPPLEMENTAL
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-01-19 10:21:24

Geert Jansen wrote:
> Thorsten Westheider wrote:
>
> > I still experience this problem, which seems to be related
> > to a non-running DCOP-Server: If root runs dcopserver plus
> > kdesktop, the root window is coming up. Funny, isn't it?
> >
> > kcontrol Desktop/Background seems to have about the same
> > problem: Starting kcontrol and choosing Desktop/Background
> > causes kcontrol to crash silently (i.e. no console output).
>
> This could mean it's a problem with kdesktop/libbgnd.a, as the only
> programs that link to it are kdesktop and the background control module.
>
> I'll see if it crashes for me too. In the meantime you could make sure that
> this lib is correctly rebuilt.

It works fine for me. Does it work when you move
~/.kde/share/config/kdesktoprc out of the way? If so, can you send me your
background configuration (including the wallpaper you use)?

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>
    Phylosopher, Physicist                        PGP key ID: 0xD2B5E7CE