List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: No more root window? SUPPLEMENTAL
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-01-19 9:12:20

Thorsten Westheider wrote:

> I still experience this problem, which seems to be related
> to a non-running DCOP-Server: If root runs dcopserver plus
> kdesktop, the root window is coming up. Funny, isn't it?
>
> kcontrol Desktop/Background seems to have about the same
> problem: Starting kcontrol and choosing Desktop/Background
> causes kcontrol to crash silently (i.e. no console output).

This could mean it's a problem with kdesktop/libbgnd.a, as the only
programs that link to it are kdesktop and the background control module.

I'll see if it crashes for me too. In the meantime you could make sure that
this lib is correctly rebuilt.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>
    Phylosopher, Physicist                        PGP key ID: 0xD2B5E7CE