List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: KRASH (fwd)
From:       "Michael J. Bedy" <mjbedy () mtu ! edu>
Date:       2000-01-18 18:52:54

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, David Faure wrote:

> > One more thing on konqueror: There is this funny button to the
> > left of each sub-titlebar (aehm, BTW: Is there a reason why a
> > sub-titlebar is displayed even when there is only one
> > sub-window?). Up to now I did not yet find out what this button
> > actually does. Maybe now I look like an idiot, but the point I
> > want to make is: I Joe Random User cannot figure it out on his
> > own, he will be frustrated. I think in GUI culture people are not
> > really used to reading manuals, and so things should work the way
> > they look. With this button this was not the case for me.
>
> This button allows the "view-follow-view" mechanism.
> The view whose button is pressed will follow the changes of directory
> in any other view. IIRC the pixmap for that button is due to be
> changed (unless mosfet already did it ?).

   Oh, so that's what it's for :-)

   Yes, it is very unintuitive, but I don't claim to have a better idea.

   As per the kcontrol issue, I have to agree that I think the "stacked"
control panels is a very bad idea. It took me a couple times to figure out
what was going on, and even after that it was annoying the heck out of me.
I suggest that it be changed to be more like the KDE 1 system, where
opening one closed another.

   Anyway, in general it's starting to look very good.

     - Mike