List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Poll on Linux.com
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-01-08 13:15:00

Hehe, well the problem is that the vast majority of the people voting
are not people who actually know the toolkits, and as regretfully I
found out those who don't have the slightest idea about developing for
KDE/Qt (or GTK, or any of the other toolkits) are out in force. With
these people you cannot present arguments about technical merit, because
they don't know development and can only respond with emotional
outbursts and with what they have been told by others. This does not
make for a good poll on the merits of toolkits ;-) It's not only us that
get misrepresented by something like this, but also the other toolkit
developers such as WxWindows and FLTK who work more on coding than
hyping themselves to those that don't know better.

mosfet@mandrakesoft.com
mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com