List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kde GUI, MsWindows GUI, and other GUIs
From:       Arnt Gulbrandsen <arnt () troll ! no>
Date:       1999-12-26 20:17:10

Stefan Taferner <taferner@salzburg.co.at>
> Sorry, but this is simply not true. There are lots and lots of examples
> where M$'s GUIs are bad. E.g. the file selection dialog.

You can easily find ten bad things about it.  But is that enough to
make the dialog, as a whole, bad?

To judge a dialog's essential qualities, I think the only valid
approach is to judge it against some defined set of HCI criteria.  I
have a set, and according to it, that dialog isn't too bad.  Some bad
details, and some of those details are very very big, but overall, it
seems to do okay.

(I hate it when people accuse Microsoft unfairly.  It makes all the
fair accusations seem less true. :)

--Arnt