List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kde GUI, MsWindows GUI, and other GUIs
From:       Robert Crawford <crawford () kloognome ! com>
Date:       1999-12-23 18:48:31

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 01:11:19PM +0000, Joao Neto wrote:
>  MSWindows can be the worst OS in some ways, but it excels in user
> interface. They have years in experience in dealing with GUIs and allways
> follow all the usability rules.

	Not according to the Usability Hall of Shame, which seems to
feature MS products more than anyone else (except maybe IBM). The whole
"you can't drop a file on an item in the taskbar, but we'll open the
window for you if you hover there a minute" misfeature is an example
where doing it right would have been easier than they're broken way.

--
						crawford@iac.net
"DON'T answer messages that make you feel uncomfortable because