List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Focus Policy
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-12-24 21:10:53

On Fri, 24 Dec 1999, Stephan Litsch wrote:
> What's about feedback in the moment? Are you in the situation "We are
> just playing around and wait for the first 2.0-Beta to complain" or
> are you already interested in developer-feedback in the moment?

I think developer feedback is always usefull unless it is ac
ompile-error in a 3 weeks old snapshot.

> And what's about informations for non-core-developers? www.kde.org is
> not very helpfull the last 2 month -- it could be closed without
> every loss!!!!!

www.kde.org does not carry very much information for developers. Try
developer.kde.org. If you want to be on the bleeding edge you need to
follow kde-devel / kde-core-devel and CVS.

> I am reading the mailinglists "kde-devel" and "kde-core-devel" but
> where can I find a primary site or README about the actual situation
> of porting, changes and bugs? It would already be helpfull to get
> informations about the actual CVS-status: broken, may be or try it!

CVS should compile at all times. If not, someone needs to fix it :-)

> It's the big loss of time, I complain about. Wouldn't it be nice if
> there would be a location, I can read about bigger changes in
> progress? And about: WHAT HAS CHANGED!

Maybe we can start a mailinglist where developers can announce
changes / new features.

> It would be interesting for me (and many others) to get a README
> like:
>
> 1) get qt-snapshot-xxx.yyy.zzz
> 2) get kde.xxx.yyy
> 3) compile with the minimal options

Here is one ;-)

README:
Get qt-copy from CVS, get kdesupport, kdelibs/kdebase/everyhting else
from CVS. Compile it with --enable-debug. Fix it when it doesn't
compile :-)

Cheers,
Waldo