List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2 actually doesn't support Unicode
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-20 21:20:52

#if Wolfram Diestel
> 1. It should be possible to save and read documents
>    as UTF-8/UCS-2. This affects applications like
>    KEdit, KWrite, KWord, KSpread, but graffic and
>    other applications too. Think about a multilanguage
>    poster, presentation, email a.s.o.

Perhaps you could write something to help us deal with Unicode. I haven't
yet found a readable introduction to Unicode and what it means to the
developer. I'm now at a point where I have to think about it (while
  writing my mail client) so I'd appreciate any pointers to info,
and I'm sure so would other developers who don't know anything about it.

Cheers,
Rik