List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Neural network placement policy, round II
From:       Nicolas Brodu <brodun () aston ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-12-20 0:44:30

I turned the code for neural network placement policy into a patch for Krash,
so that anyone can try it now...

You'll find it there:
http://www-eleves.iie.cnam.fr/brodu/krash_neural/index.html

Problems, solutions, and details are on the web page.

We're trying with to achieve a better initial training, but the current code
is already fun enough. If nobody objects, I'll commit it before going, with
the default kept to 'Smart', so that:
- It changes nothing, since 'Smart' will still be used.
- Anybody who wish can turn it on by modifying a line in options.cpp while
the kwm kcontrol module hasn't been ported.
- Don't have to go through a lot of changes in kwin when I'm back...

BTW, I don't seem to receive mails anymore from the kde lists after Krash.
Should I resubscribe or is this just temporary?

Cheers,
Nicolas
--
A shortcut is the longest distance between two points. (unknown author)