List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konquerer- The Everything browser
From:       Joao Neto <jpgpn () netc ! pt>
Date:       1999-12-11 0:47:38

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Antti Koivisto wrote:

> The aim is to have generic XML support in the khtml. This means that we
> should be able to render any xml document that has a defined style sheet.
> XHTML is just one special case of this.
>
> While we currently can render some XHTML documents, this can not be
> considered to be real support, since we don't conform to the strict
> well-formedness rules required by XHTML

Thank you! That was exactly what I meant when I asked if Konqueror did support
XML.
XML is NOT another markup language, it's NOT a new version of HTML.
XML is a language to define documents.
In the near future every document should be in XML language... even if it is
an HTML document, a jpeg file or a new kind of document that you created.

Joao Neto