List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Announce : KBugReport
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-11 0:30:44

Something we wanted to do for a very long time : a user interface
for sending bug reports. Following to the french team asking me
my ideas about it, I decided to write such a thing : a dialog box
to enter the bug report and send the mail.
It's committed in kdenonbeta/kbugreport for now.

Features : appname(auto), version(not yet auto), severity, subject, text,
"From" field using kcmemail settings, button to launch kcmemail.
It uses sendmail, with 'mail' as a fallback.

It's designed to be part of libkdeui after Krash, unless anybody objects
of course.

As to how to call that dialog box : I didn't see how to do that from
the about box (which contains HTML links and already enough buttons...)
so I'm thinking rather of adding a new menu item in KHelpMenu : "Report Bug..."

I'm also about to add it in konqueror for now. This will allow
real-world testing of the bug-report dialog, before moving it to libkdeui.

Any objections ? Comments ?

PS : you can test kdenonbeta/kbugreport, it sends the mail to me
(not to bugs.kde.org), so don't hesitate !
The version in konqueror will be the same but sending the mail to
the real buglist, in order to archive konqueror bugs :-)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org