List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: requirements?
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       1999-11-28 22:49:50

Add "the pop account code is broken" to my list of known problems. Because I use
fetchmail I didn't check the pop account code. I wouldn't spend time trying to
troubleshoot it unless you are willing to debug the code (which I'm hoping will
be rewritten soon).

For an immediate solution use fetchmail. In one sense it is a workaround but in
another sense it is the right thing to do. Really you shouldn't need
the mail client GUI running in order to collect your mail.

If you stil want to try fixing the kmail pop support uncomment the code in
kmaccountpop.cpp that is commented out and contains the comment "Kurt deleted
this have to ask why".

I believe Kurt was the last person to mess with the kmail pop code,
I'm not to sure whether that was on purpose or not. Kurt any comment?

I'm referring to this range of commits by you:
http://kdecvs.stud.fh-heilbronn.de/cvsweb/kdenetwork/kmail/kmacctpop.cpp.diff?r1=1.56&r2=1.58

Followed by this commit by me:
http://kdecvs.stud.fh-heilbronn.de/cvsweb/kdenetwork/kmail/kmacctpop.cpp.diff?r1=1.58&r2=1.59

BFN,