List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2
From:       Bo Thorsen <gobo () imada ! sdu ! dk>
Date:       1999-11-27 15:59:30

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, David Faure wrote:

> > P.S. I got the latest snapshot version of Qt and kdesupport.
> Yes, but you try to link to Qt 1 here.
> Which is probably in /usr/lib, say thanks for the FHS.
> Rename /usr/lib temporarily or remove it from ld.so.conf
> (is that right ?)

No, that is not necessary. If you just remove the symlink libqt.so, the
linker won't use this for compilation, so it will keep searching and then
find Qt2 libs instead (assuming these are in the lib paths of course).

Doing this keeps all apps using Qt 1.xx working, which is an advantages if
you want your kde1 apps running. Even though I run kde2 I still use some
of apps from kde1 since these always work :-)

--

Bo Thorsen
gobo@imada.sdu.dk