List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: QMap bug ? (Re: kioslaves don't die?)
From:       Alexander Feigl <Alexander.Feigl () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-11-11 11:23:49

At Don, 11 Nov 1999 David Faure wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > ok, now we know we have to fix it - if QMultiMap is not here in the near
> > future. But we better don't count on that. Should we do the change to
> > QMap/QList?
>
> Yes, looks like.
> Can you have a go at it ?

Hmm. Only if it doesn't really hurry. I cannot promise whether I can do it this
evening. And from Friday until Monday I'm not at home - I would have the time
but I don't have a laptop :(

Two issues:

- kdelibs is feature-frozen - isn't it? Does it matter that the change would
affect binary compatibility of KIOSlavePool? Looks like a rather internal
class. Does it affect binary compatibility at all if we change/add static class
members?

- we need a "total slave count" to delete the oldest slaves if the number of
slaves becomes to large. Any "smarter" but also efficient solutions than
keeping a static int as counter? Also I cannot see how the slaves are actually
terminated by calling remove() on the QMap object.. Is this another bug?

Greetings

Alexander