List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QMap bug ? (Re: kioslaves don't die?)
From:       Alexander Feigl <Alexander.Feigl () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-11-10 6:11:19

At Die, 09 Nov 1999 Rik Hemsley wrote:
> Just as an aside, what's the problem with generating unique keys ?

The keys are used are used for a "quick lookup". In this special case the key
is the protocol (http,ftp,file). What unique key do you want to use? a serial
numbers that are increased for each entry? we would lose the only real
advantage of QMap I can see. Without a quick lookup for a special protocol we
could use QList or similar - that is what we have to do if the current
behaviour of QMap is not a bug.

Greetings

Alexander