At Die, 09 Nov 1999 Rik Hemsley wrote: > Just as an aside, what's the problem with generating unique keys ? > The keys are used are used for a "quick lookup". In this special case the key is the protocol (http,ftp,file). What unique key do you want to use? a serial numbers that are increased for each entry? we would lose the only real advantage of QMap I can see. Without a quick lookup for a special protocol we could use QList or similar - that is what we have to do if the current behaviour of QMap is not a bug. Greetings Alexander