List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Shutdown and reboot
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-11-01 21:42:50

#if Boris Povazay
> It is nice to have the capability to shutdown/reboot from within kwm,

I presume you meant kdm ?

> but could`nt it also be there when the user logs out?

Er, it could...

> Especially if only root is allowed to shutdown (this would be only
> displayed during root-logout then...)

root should never log in in the first place.

> The annoying question for the root-password (the second time) would be
> eliminated!

Er, yes. But shutting down a UNIX box is kind of a major thing.
If you are using a single-user box which you shut down regularly,
I suggest you put shutdown into a group (like wheel) and add yourself to
this group. Then make a .desktop file and just click on its icon.

Cheers,
Rik