List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kpanel
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-10-31 14:24:22

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:
> >
> > Well nice to see that KDE2 is in a totally unusable state again ;-)
> >
> > But to the point, the kpanel has changes shape considerably I noted, I like
> > the change I must say. Just one thing. The "handles" that move the bat out
> > of sight (at the left and right) moved 1 pixel away from the border.  Everyone
> > should know that using buttens along the border of the screen makes it much
> > easier to reach them.
> >
> > Therefor I humbly request the handles be moved back to the border of the screen.
> > And while I am at it, why not move the icons 1 pixel down so they to can be
> > reached by just bumping my mouse the the side of the screen! (I didn't test
> > the buttons in kde-2, my 1.x version has them 1 pixel of off the bottom..)
>
> I have definitly no idea what you want to try to say.

He tries to say that you shouldn't put buttons "almost" at the edge of
the screen but "exactly" at the edge of the screen. So that you can
move your mouse pointer way down and click. In KDE 1.1.x there is a 1
pixel border between the buttons in the panel and the edge of the
screen. So if you move your mouse all the way down and click, you click
on this 1 pixel border instead of clicking on the button. Without this
1 pixel border it would be easier to click on the button.

Cheers,
Waldo