List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Size of 2.0 compared to 1.1.1 ?
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-10-28 10:58:08

Kaare Rasmussen <kar@webline.dk> wrote:

> Will KDE 2.0 use more, less or the same amount of memory as KDE 1.1.1
> (with all other things equal)?

It currently uses more, but not much. things like Unicode support make
it more memory hungry and we can't avoid that (unless someone invents a
technique that can store 16 bit values in 8 bit ;) ).

But I personally hope that memory consumption can be decreased as the
development goes on. It simply makes everything overall faster, as the
kernel can use the free memory for caching and stuff like that.

--
Dirk A. Mueller