List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: SV: Kicker applets (w/tiny screenshot attached)
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       1999-10-20 4:25:25

Andreas Krogh wrote:
[.....snip.....]
> I like it!
> How does it cope with "vertical mode"?

The cpu meter copes quite well, as everything it uses is all inside a layout
widget so it'll all resize properly.  The clock, on the other hand, is theme
based.  Which, at this point unfortunately means that for many of the themes,
that they only come in a "horizontal" display.  If you have a gander at the
URL I'd pointed out in my initial posting, you'll see that some of the clocks
are actually square (e.g. 'Sol'), while others are strictly horz.  Not that
its incredibly difficult to make a horz one deal with being vertical, but this
does require manual intervention as new pixmaps need to be built and the
entire theme configuration needs to be updated.

Being that this is the second msg that I've seen come through here on this in
just a few minutes, I'll take it that there are quite a few of you out there
using vertical panels.  Would it be considered in bad taste to have different
horz and vert copies of each theme (e.g. "freeamp-horz", "freeamp-vert")?

--
Graham TerMarsch

// Keep your laws off my body!