List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: big *thank you* for the latest developments
From:       Boris Povazay <boris () jouh ! at>
Date:       1999-10-19 7:33:30

Martin Konold wrote:

> The problem imho arises as soon as standard kpanel/kicker functionality
> gets shifted towards applets instead of beeing integrated. If we are not
> careful this will add enourmeous bloat due to the fact that every
> instance really uses up a lot of memory.

So how about an applet, that displays the memory and cpu consumption of
all the other applets? P-)
Honestly - You could get rid of this problem in a kind of evolutionary
way - If the consumption of resources is good visible to the user, s/he
will not use bloatware. So kicker could provide such a feature and the
designers will follow without any need for further discussion...

ciao BoP
--
http://kde.jouh.at - bp@jouh.at
Boris Povazay