List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Preview and Interaction
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       1999-10-15 14:28:12

On fre, 15 okt 1999, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

>> As for non-KDE apps, well, who cares ;)
>Well I think people will.  You will definately get bug reports if it works in
>only KDE apps.  People would say hey there is not indication when I click on
>the Netscape Navigator icon ....

The problem is that if one have to take this into consideration all the
time then I think nothing will ever happen. It is far better that
atleast some applications (ie KDE apps) supports this than none at all.
Anyway, people will learn quite fast what programs support this mechanism.

The indicator could even be made optional so that those who won't use it before
every app. support it can simply turn it off.

--
Espen Sand