List:       kde-devel
Subject:    problem with linking
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1999-09-30 21:09:27

Hi,

When linking an application I get:

/opt/kde2/lib/libkdeui.so: warning: multiple common of `QStrList
type_info node'
dosruntimesect.o: warning: previous common is here
/opt/kde2/lib/libkdeui.so: warning: multiple common of `QList<char>
type_info node'
dosruntimesect.o: warning: previous common is here
/opt/kde2/lib/libkdecore.so: warning: multiple common of `QStrList
type_info node'
dosruntimesect.o: warning: previous common is here
/opt/kde2/lib/libkdecore.so: warning: multiple common of `QList<char>
type_info node'
dosruntimesect.o: warning: previous common is here
/usr/lib/qt2/lib/libqt.so: warning: multiple common of `QStrList
type_info node'
dosruntimesect.o: warning: previous common is here

and many more like those. Anyway, they are just warnings, but (I think)
due to that,  my binary is not a binary but a shell script (as that bug
that happened some time ago). Could someone tell me how it was fixed ?
Btw, what does that warning mean ? (what does "common" mean in that
sentence ?)

Btw, I've used the autoconf files from kdesdk/kexample and kdebase with
the same result (I was porting the app from the KDE 1.x libs, so my
first thought was that I broke the configure, but it doesn't
seems so :-) )

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez