List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: kapptemplate / KDESDK:  kdesdk-19990928.tar.bz2
From:       "Tim F. Fischer" <tfischer () nepustil ! net>
Date:       1999-09-30 0:37:11

Hi there,

I just wanted to remind people, that  there is a
another application wizard, called "shaman", which
also provides a repository where some application
templates can be found (and code can be generated from
them).

As far as I know, sources in there are not 2.x compatible,
either. But if someone updates the source in there I would
encourage him to open up a new branch in the repository in
which 2.x compatible templates should be stored.

If you are really interested in creating lots of reusable code and
maintain it (e.g. for different target platforms, version, and
variants), you'd better have a look at "shaman".

http://www.kirchheim.netsurf.de/~tfischer/shaman.html

or see the "snapshots" on ftp.kde.org

(Although shaman has not been updated for quite some time
 its concepts still strong enough to comepte with the other tools).