List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 3D pie widget
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       1999-09-28 23:15:10

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if Amaury JACQUOT
> > I do agree. However, if you vant to implement this same function in
> > kspread,
> > you're screwed....
> > furthermore, I found another one referenced to on slashdot which
> > partents these
> > (sorry for the crude drawing)
>
> Not bad. I get what it is, though is the one marked 50% really supposed
> to be that small ;)
>
> I've decided the US is screwed, if they let people patent pie charts.
>
> Has anyone actually patented the basic pie chart ? How can you let
> people patent stuff like this ?
>
> I'm going to patent this:
> 'A graph drawing utility which fails to generate the pixel data correctly
> and crashes'
>
> That should keep me in US dollars for a bit. Maybe then I'll patent the
> use of unary currency values. That'll fox 'em.

I want the patent for adding things. That's enough. I'll license
then for USD0.00001 per addition. That will leave people alone who
just want to check their pay slip. But, gosh, would Intel et al have
to pay me! And compiler manufacturers. Almost all chip and software
manufacturers will have to pay me.

I'll even donate one or two millions to KDE.   ;-)

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 244511
P.O.Box 30955                                    Fax: +264 - 061 - 244511
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Republic of Namibia                                           uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org