List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Just a (stupid) question about KDesktop and it's heritage
From:       "=?iso-8859-1?q?Jens_B=E4ckman?=" <czw () home ! se>
Date:       1999-09-28 22:40:19

This will probably seem extremely stupid and annoying to all of you who
haven't used an OOUI in your entire life. Just curious.

Why isn't KDesktop based on a subclass like KFolder? After all, the
desktop is just another folder with a little extra functionality. Doing
something like this, each and every folder could have their own
settings (background, bitmaps, view mode, RMB menu entries, titlebar
color and font etc) like all good objects should.

Is there any reason not for doing this, except for that you have never
heard of it before? I'm willing to help implementing something like
this if needed.