List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE : CuteIDL
From:       Kurt Granroth <kurt_granroth () email ! mot ! com>
Date:       1999-09-24 15:11:42

>  Cuteidl brings
>  * improvement to the performance of all CORBA-based apps
>  * reduction of the memory consumed by data formerly converted
>  * simplification of CORBA programming for KDE, using Qt templates,
>    efficient and well known by KDE developers
>  * reduction of compile time, providing a customized replacement for CORBA.h
>  * new possibilities for the usage of CORBA in KDE : using shared libraries
>    makes even more sense now that natives types are used
[snip]
>  David Faure <faure@kde.org>
>  Simon Hausmann <shaus@uermel.Med.Uni-Magdeburg.DE>
>  Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll@mpi-hd.mpg.de>

Absolutely phenomenal job, guys!  This is just amazing work in such
short time!!

I'd be interested to know if any benchmarks (or something similar)
have been done comparing the old and new way.  We say that it has
improved performance and reduced memory -- but is there numbers to
back that up?  It will also be interesting to see examples of "old"
code vs "new" code..
--
Kurt Granroth            | granroth@kde.org
KDE Developer/Evangelist | http://www.pobox.com/~kurt_granroth