List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: I need to know this
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-19 19:03:55

Espen Sand wrote:

> A little bit embarrassing (but If I don't ask i will never know ;)
>
> In the cvs source files, there are (in many cases) a version "tag"
> like (from "kapp.h")
>
> // $Id: kapp.h,v 1.100 1999/08/06 18:58:45 gehrmab Exp $

I try to put it in the kdoc @version tag like this:

/**
 * @short An examplw
 * This is an example class.
 * @version $Id$
 * @author Rich
 */
class Example
{
};

The $Id$ is expanded automatically by cvs to be the cvs revision of the
file. This also works with RCS. There are also some other keyword like
$Log$ available, see the cvs manual for details.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.robocast.com/	richard@robocast.com